Read moreShow less
Features available from the microphone body, include: REDD.47 Mic Amplifier, providing nine gain selections, from +4 to +33db in the ʻ NORMʼ position, extended gain and punch in ʻ DRIVEʼ mode for more tonal and coloration possibilities, switchable Cardioid/Omni patterns, 10db Pad, and Phase reverse. Continuous output control and low-contour feature are accessible from the high-quality external power supply.
Shockmount, 25ʼ Mogami microphone cable, PSU, and custom molded flight case, featuring high-density rigid foam, are included.
Continuing in the rich tradition of innovation at EMI, dating back to the early 1930s with Alan Blumlein, the father of ʻ Stereoʼ , the companyʼ s first coil microphones, velocity ʻ ribbonʼ mics and the “Blumlein pair” technique, Chandler Limited and Abbey Road Studios introduce the first EMI badged microphone in over a half century, the REDD Microphone.
Designed by Chandler Limited Founder and Chief Designer, Wade Goeke, the patent pending REDD Microphone represents a shift in traditional microphone design, bringing together historic circuitry and the heralded EMI REDD.47 preamplifier sound in a new and unique way.
Visually, the aesthetic is unmistakably classic, an ode to a gilded age of audio; however, the REDD Microphone is not a U-Type clone or derivative of any other microphone.
Rigorously tested at Abbey Road Studios on a variety of sources and against some of the most famous and classic microphones in recording industry history, the REDD microphone excelled.
• Large-diaphragm Tube Condenser Microphone
• The first EMI-branded mic in over a half century
• Combines microphone and preamp in one elegant device
• Onboard vacuum tube REDD.47 mic amplifier
• Can be used without an external mic preamp
• Handmade platinum-membrane capsule
• Gain between +4 and +33dB (switchable on the microphone)
• Drive setting for increased coloured gain (+36dB max.)
• 10dB pad and polarity reverse switches
• Includes outboard power supply, high-quality spider-type shockmount, a 25-foot Mogami mic cable and custom-molded flight case
• Handcrafed in the USA
• Microphone Type: Large Diaphragm Condenser, Tube
• Capsule: Platinum membrane, custom handmade
• Circuit: REDD.47 Mic Amplifier, Tube, 200Ω impedance)
• Gain: Switchable / +4 to +33db in 'NORM' mode
• Gain (max.): +36 dB (Extended gain in 'DRIVE' mode)
• Patterns: Cardioid / Omni
• Pad: 10db / Switchable
• Phase: 0-180º / Switchable
• Low-Contour Control: Available at PSU
• Output Control: Continuous / Available at PSU
• Power: External/PSU (included)
• Microphone Cable: 7 Pin, 25' Mogami (included)
• Shockmount: Included
• Case: Molded flight case, custom cut high-density rigid foam (included)