Chandler Limited REDD Microphone - Large-diaphragm Tube Condenser Mic with Onboard Preamp
The Chandler Limited REDD Microphone is a large diaphragm tube condenser microphone, combining mic and preamp into a single, beautifully handcrafted professional recording device. Featuring the vacuum tube based REDD.47 Mic Amplifier circuit directly coupled to a custom handmade premium platinum membrane capsule, the REDD Microphone can be used with or without an external preamplifier.
This unique microphone design provides the shortest possible distance between the two most important elements in the recording chain – delivering a larger than life full-bodied sound, with silky smooth top-end.
The Chandler Limited REDD Microphone was designed to handle a variety of source materials, including: vocals, strings, piano, drums, bass guitar, electric and acoustic guitars.
Availability : 6 days
Warning: Last items in stock!
Features available from the microphone body, include: REDD.47 Mic Amplifier, providing nine gain selections, from +4 to +33db in the ʻ NORMʼ position, extended gain and punch in ʻ DRIVEʼ mode for more tonal and coloration possibilities, switchable Cardioid/Omni patterns, 10db Pad, and Phase reverse. Continuous output control and low-contour feature are accessible from the high-quality external power supply.
Shockmount, 25ʼ Mogami microphone cable, PSU, and custom molded flight case, featuring high-density rigid foam, are included.
Continuing in the rich tradition of innovation at EMI, dating back to the early 1930s with Alan Blumlein, the father of ʻ Stereoʼ , the companyʼ s first coil microphones, velocity ʻ ribbonʼ mics and the “Blumlein pair” technique, Chandler Limited and Abbey Road Studios introduce the first EMI badged microphone in over a half century, the REDD Microphone.
Designed by Chandler Limited Founder and Chief Designer, Wade Goeke, the patent pending REDD Microphone represents a shift in traditional microphone design, bringing together historic circuitry and the heralded EMI REDD.47 preamplifier sound in a new and unique way.
Visually, the aesthetic is unmistakably classic, an ode to a gilded age of audio; however, the REDD Microphone is not a U-Type clone or derivative of any other microphone.
Rigorously tested at Abbey Road Studios on a variety of sources and against some of the most famous and classic microphones in recording industry history, the REDD microphone excelled.
• Large-diaphragm Tube Condenser Microphone
• The first EMI-branded mic in over a half century
• Combines microphone and preamp in one elegant device
• Onboard vacuum tube REDD.47 mic amplifier
• Can be used without an external mic preamp
• Handmade platinum-membrane capsule
• Gain between +4 and +33dB (switchable on the microphone)
• Drive setting for increased coloured gain (+36dB max.)
• 10dB pad and polarity reverse switches
• Includes outboard power supply, high-quality spider-type shockmount, a 25-foot Mogami mic cable and custom-molded flight case
• Handcrafed in the USA
• Microphone Type: Large Diaphragm Condenser, Tube
• Capsule: Platinum membrane, custom handmade
• Circuit: REDD.47 Mic Amplifier, Tube, 200Ω impedance)
• Gain: Switchable / +4 to +33db in 'NORM' mode
• Gain (max.): +36 dB (Extended gain in 'DRIVE' mode)
• Patterns: Cardioid / Omni
• Pad: 10db / Switchable
• Phase: 0-180º / Switchable
• Low-Contour Control: Available at PSU
• Output Control: Continuous / Available at PSU
• Power: External/PSU (included)
• Microphone Cable: 7 Pin, 25' Mogami (included)
• Shockmount: Included
• Case: Molded flight case, custom cut high-density rigid foam (included)
Starting from these classic and vintage designs Chandler Limited has further developed some of the basic circuitry and remodeled and adapted them to present you with some of the finest and most versatile products available on the market today. Like the Vintage equipment used to record the Beatles, Pink Floyd, and many other ground breaking bands, all Chandler equipment is strictly hand wired. In recent years Chandler products have been featured prominently in albums, movies, and even video games.
• Studio microphones
• Abbey Road Studios certified signal processors
• Guitar amps and pedals