Chnadler Limited TG Microphone - Large Diaphragm Condenser Microphone
The Chandler Limited EMI Abbey Road Studios ‘TG Microphone’ is a solid-state large diaphragm condenser microphone. Continuing the rich tradition of innovation, the TG Microphone is unique in its feature-set and as the name implies, the sound is TG.
The TG Microphone’s unique on-board EMI ‘Tape Equalizer’ section combined with its ‘Dual Tone System’, dedicated PSU and other features create an extremely flexible microphone capable of rivaling scenarios where the FET47, C414, U87, and U47 traditionally have found favor.
The Tape Equalizer is adapted from the NAB/IEC tape equalizer facility found on vintage EMI TG mastering desks, and applied to great effect in the TG Microphone. Historically used to compensate for tapes played back on machines of the opposite standard, the repurposed tape equalizer allows the engineer to sculpt the sound at the source in lieu of external processing.
The microphones shaping possibilities are further expanded when the Tape Equalizer is combined with the selectable 90/50 Hz Low-Cut filter.
Avaialability : In stock
Warning: Last items in stock!
The ‘Dual Tone System’ modifies TG Microphone’s input and extends its flexibility to capture a wide range of sources. System ‘A’ is TG mid forward, while the alternate ‘B’ voicing takes extreme SPLs and is at home wherever a FET47 would be the choice.
The TG Microphone relies on a dedicated power supply (PSU). The use of a dedicated PSU, rather than 48V phantom power is integral to the TG Microphone’s larger than solid-state sound.
Other features include: cardioid and omni patterns, and 10 dB pad.
Shockmount, 25’ Mogami 4-pin mic cable, dedicated PSU, and wooden case are included.
• Large-diaphragm Condenser Microphone
• Solid-state TG circuit design
• Legendary TG sound
• Licensed as Offical EMI/Abbey Road Studios Equipment
• Included EMI NAB/IEC tape equalizer
• Flexible ‘Dual Tone System’ for capturing a wide range of sources
• Switchable 90/50 Hz Low-Cut filter
• 10 dB PAD
• Switchable Cardioid/Omni polar patterns
• Includes outboard power supply, high-quality spider-type shockmount, a 25-foot Mogami mic cable and wooden case
• Handcrafed in the USA
• Microphone Type: Large diaphragm condenser
• Transducer Type: Gold membran, custom spec.
• Circuit Type: TG, solid-sate
• Dual Tone System: A/B voicings
• Tape Equalizer: TG, 5 settings
• Low Cut Filter: Switchable - Out, 90 Hz, 50 Hz
• Patterns: Cardioid, Omni
• Pad: 10 dB, switchable
• Impedance: 200 Ohms
• Accessories Included: Shockmount, Case, PSU, 25’ 4 Pin Mogami Mic Cable
Chandler Limited and associated logos are trademarks of Chandler Limited, Inc. Abbey Road Studios, EMI, TG, REDD and their associated logos are trademarks of EMI (IP) Limited.
Starting from these classic and vintage designs Chandler Limited has further developed some of the basic circuitry and remodeled and adapted them to present you with some of the finest and most versatile products available on the market today. Like the Vintage equipment used to record the Beatles, Pink Floyd, and many other ground breaking bands, all Chandler equipment is strictly hand wired. In recent years Chandler products have been featured prominently in albums, movies, and even video games.
• Studio microphones
• Abbey Road Studios certified signal processors
• Guitar amps and pedals