CHANDLER LIMITED TG12411 Channel - TG Channel MKII Channel Strip
The Chandler Limited TG12411 channel, formerly known as the TG Channel MKII, is a recreation of several classic circuits - combining Wade Goeke's design of the TG2 pre amp section with an equalizer that was redesigned from a circuit used in the TG12410 Transfer Console, the mastering counterpart to the original "Beatles desks."
The active portions of the unit use the same discrete amplifiers and transformers as in the TG1 Limiter and TG2 pre amp. The TG12411's passive equalizer EQ is an all inductor design offering sweet high frequencies, large inductor based lows, and a very high "Q" mid cut section. Its sound is very comparable to Pultec and Lang program EQs. A simple description would be a TG Pultec with a TG pre amp thrown in.
All TG units require and function on the PSU-1, Chandler Limited power supply. The PSU-1 has an internal switch for setting voltage to 120V or 220V (115V/230V). For more information please call us at (319) 885-4200.
NOTE: As of late 2016, the TG Channel MKII was renamed the TG12411; there has been no modification to the MKII circuit.
The Chandler Limited Channel is a recreation of several classic circuits and combines a TG2 preamp section with an equalizer that was redesigned from an equalization circuit used in the TG12410 Transfer or mastering console. The mastering counterpart to the original "Beatles desks". Chandler's version has been remade using original design information and circuit board drawings as provided by Abbey Road to ensure extreme authenticity! Chandler have even remolded the old TG style pointer knobs.
The active portions of the unit use the same discrete amplifiers and transformers as in the TG1 Limiter and TG2 pre amp. The passive equalizer portion of the EQ is an all inductor design and offers sweet high frequencies with large inductor based lows, and a very high "Q" mid cut section. Designed to sound like a fine musical instrument instead of a modern surgical tool, it's sound is very comparable to Pultec and Lang program eqs but made from TG circuits. A simple description would be a TG Pultec with a TG pre amp thrown in.
• Replication and Combination of the EMI TG12428 Preamp, TG12410 console EQ
• Original Abbey Road & EMI circuits
• Solid State design
• Transformer balanced in- and outputs
• All inductor Pultec Type Mid-Band
• High/Low Boost Band, Low Cut
• Comes without PSU, optional PSU-1
• CHANNELS: Mono
• CIRCUIT: Discrete, Transistor
• Mic Input: -15db to +65db, 5db increments
• Line Input: +15db to -15db
• THD: 0.028% (Line), 0.006% (Mic)
• Input Impedance: Mic 600 ohm, Line 10k ohm
• Output Impedance: 600 ohm
• Output Level (max): +28dB
• Gain: Mic -5dB - +65dB, Line -15dB - +35dB
• High-Boost: +18dB, 16k, 12k, 8.1k, 6.8k Hz, Shelving
• Mid-Boost: +18dB, 5.8k, 3.9k, 2.2k, 1.8k, 1.2kHz, peak
• Mid-Cut: -20dB, 300, 400, 500, 600, 700, 850 Hz, peak
• Low-Boost: +20dB, 50, 70, 100, 200hz, Peak, 100 and 200hz Shelving
• Connectors: XLR (Mix), TRS (Line)
- I/O: Mic Input: XLR, Transformer Balanced, Pin 2 Hot, Input Impedance - 600 Ohm
- Line Input: Input Impedance - 10k
- DI, 1/4" Unbalanced
• Phantom Power: +48v
• Power: ±28v
• Requires the Chandler Limited PSU-1 power supply
- Channel Strip
- Tracking & Mixing
- Solid State
- 1 U