Chandler Limited Curve Bender - 2-Channel TG12345 Curve Bender Equalizer
The EMI TG12345 Curve Bender is the ultimate TG equalizer issued in celebration of the 75th birthday of Abbey Road Studios. The Curve Bender was conceived by Chandler Limited designer Wade Goeke and Abbey Road senior engineer Peter Cobbin and is based on the vintage EMI TG12345 desk used to record The Beatles and Pink Floyd. This newest EMI equalizer continues the tradition of EMI eqs started in 1951 with the RS56, affectionately entitled the Curve bender by EMI designers and continued with the TG12345 in 1968, and TG12412 in 1974. The newest version takes the simple but beautiful sounding TG12345 equalizer and realizes it in a fully featured and rethought package for today's use.
Availability : In stock
Warning: Last items in stock!
During his mixing of numerous Beatles related projects including, Anthology, Yellow Submarine, and Imagine, Peter Cobbin thought of having a fully featured and ultimately flexible version of the original desk eq units. After Wade presented him with a working version of the famed console eq Pete realized his time had come and set Wade to making his unit. Peter asked for four bands and filters based on the slopes of the original desk but with overlapping and expanded choices. Wade turned the nine selections of the vintage version into 51 EQ points plus a multiply switch that increases the cut/boost up to ±13.5dB (as well as sharpening the Q), filters and bell/shelf selections on the high and low bands.
A simple equalizer from the rich past of EMI and Abbey Road has now come full circle into a modern powerhouse suitable for recording, mixing, and mastering. The rest is NEW Chandler Limited/EMI/Abbey Road history...
NOTE: As of 2011, mastering and standard features were combined into a single unit. Setting the multiplier toggle to x1 provides 0.5dB steps for a total of ±5db of boost/cut per band. Setting the multiplier toggle to x1.5 provides a total of ±13.5db of boost/cut per band. The master L/R output switches are always ±0.5db steps for a total of ±5db of boost/cut.
All TG units require and function on the PSU-1, Chandler Limited power supply. The PSU-1 has an internal switch for setting voltage to 120V or 220V (115V/230V).
• Replication of the EMI TG12345 Equalizer Legend
• Original Abbey Road & EMI circuits
• Solid State design
• Transformer balanced in- and outputs
• Four parametric bands and variable Hi- and Low-Pass Filters
• Boost/Cut/Gain Control in 1/2dB steps
• Bypass for each band
• Comes without PSU, optional PSU-1
• Gain: +/-10dB
• Output Level (max): 24.2dB
• Input Impedance: 5k ohms
• Output Impedance: 600 ohms
• HP-Filter: 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 80, 100, 160, 200, 320 Hz at 6db/octave.
• LP-Filter: 30, 20, 18, 14, 10, 8.1, 5, 3k, 2kHz at 6db/octave
• Bass-Band: 35, 50, 70, 91, 150, 200, 300 Hz, +/-10 or +/-15 db, bell/shelf
• Treble-Band: 3.6, 4.2, 6.5, 8.1, 10, 12, 16, 20 kHz, +/-10 or +/-15 db, bell/shelf
• Presence 2-Band: 0.3, 0.5, 0.8, 1.2, 1.8, 2.8, 3.6 kHz, +/-10 or +/-15 db
• Presence 1-Band: 0.8, 1.2, 1.8, 2.8, 3.6, 4.2, 6.5, 8.1 kHz, +/-10 or +/-15 db
• Dimensions: 3 U
• Power requirements: External PSU-1
|Type||4 bands Parametric EQ|
|Application||Tracking & Mixing|
Starting from these classic and vintage designs Chandler Limited has further developed some of the basic circuitry and remodeled and adapted them to present you with some of the finest and most versatile products available on the market today. Like the Vintage equipment used to record the Beatles, Pink Floyd, and many other ground breaking bands, all Chandler equipment is strictly hand wired. In recent years Chandler products have been featured prominently in albums, movies, and even video games.
• Studio microphones
• Abbey Road Studios certified signal processors
• Guitar amps and pedals