Read moreShow less
The remarkable character of the TG12345 MKIV EQ is silky smooth and the sound is Curve Bender sweet.
Create an EMI TG console channel today by adding the TG12345 MKIV EQ, TG Opto compressor and TG2-500 preamp to your 500 Series rack!
Chandler Limited is the only company in the world authorized to develop, manufacture and market the “Official Equipment” of EMI/Abbey Road Studios.
Conceived from meetings in 1967 between Abbey Road engineers and EMI’s Central Research Laboratories technical team, the EMI TG12345 desk (later known as the Mark I), would usher in a sea change in sound and flexibility at Abbey Road Studios.
The new transistor based EMI TG12345 recording console was modular in design, with twelve dual channel microphone cassettes. The TG desks featured expanded EQ, and for the first time ever, a compressor/limiter on every channel.
Installed in Abbey Road’s Studio Two in November 1968 and making its debut on an 8-track recording by the Shadows, the new transistor desk marked a departure from the earlier REDD valve consoles. The following year, the EMI TG12345 desk helped shape the sound of the Beatles’ final album, Abbey Road, which was markedly richer sounding to that of the band’s earlier work. The sonic qualities of classics like “Here Comes the Sun,” “Come Together” and “Something” would have been very different without the EMI TG12345.
The desk encountered many revisions throughout the ‘70s and became the main recording console used throughout the studios until 1983. The EMI TG12345 console Marks I–IV were used on everything from Pink Floyd’s The Dark Side of the Moon and Wish You Were Here to John Lennon’s Plastic Ono Band, George Harrison’s All Things Must Pass to epic film scores including Raiders of the Lost Ark.
The EMI TG12345 recording consoles were never commercially available to the public.
• 500 series modular EQ
• 2-Band Curve Bender EQ - replication of the TG12345 Equalizer Legend
• Presence EQ with seven bell and one shelving band and continuous boost/cut
• Switchable 90Hz/150Hz shelving Bass EQ with continuous boost/cut
• True bypass
• “Official Equipment” of EMI/Abbey Road Studios
• Handmade in the U.S.A
• Connectors: Multiport Connector (500 series)
• Ciruit: discrete, Transistor
• Presence Band: Off, parametric: 500, 800, 1.2k, 1.8k, 2.8k, 4.2k, 6.5k Hz, shelving: 10kHz
• Bass: 90, 150 Hz (shelving)
• Cut/Boost: +/- 10 dB
• Power: +16 V / 110 mA (max.), -16 V / 80 mA (max.)
• Dimensions (W x H x F): 38 x 133 x 153 mm (1 slot '500' rack)