Chandler Limited Germanium Compressor GCOMP - One Channel Germanium Compressor
The GERM Comp uses the same all class A amp found in the GERM Pre and Tone Control and is transformer balanced in and out. The Compression circuit uses a FET gain reduction element but with the tricks and flexibilty of all the GERM units. Some of the most notable additions include a WET/DRY mix (for "submixing" tracks within the comp), COMP CURVE (which selects the knee using various diode combinations), CLEAN/DIRTY COMP, and SIDECHAIN FILTER. Many of the GERM Comp parameters have been purposely set by studio use and listening, not by over analyzing them with test gear. The result is a musical powerhouse for ready for tracking, mixing, and mastering.
Avaialbility : In stock
Warning: Last items in stock!
The GERMANIUM series runs on +40 volt power, high current, and has a huge +34 output before clipping. The sound is warm and smooth as with many vintage style circuits, but you'll find a whole new world of smooth here as well as a sound that settles in perfectly to your tracks without fighting. Add these new circuits to Chandler's new transformer line that combines the best parts of our favorite trannies, St Ives and Gardners, into new great sounding input and output transformers.
• Class-A Design, Germanium transistors
• St. Ives and Gardners in- and output transformers
• Germanium Drive / Feedback Control
• Variable Sound Design (Clean/Dirty Comp, Comp Curve)
• Parallel Compression
• High output level (+32dB)
• Comes without PSU. Pption: PSU-1
• CHANNELS: Mono
• CIRCUIT: Discrete, Transistor
• Input Impedance: 5k
• Output Impedance: 600 ohm
• Output Level (max.): +32dBu
• THD: 0,17%
- I/O: XLR
- Link: TRS (Sidecahin Link cable optional)
- All Connections Transformer Balanced Pin 2 Hot
• POWER: ±28v - Requires Chandler Limited PSU-1 MKII power supply
|Application||Tracking, Mixing & Mastering|
|Inout transformer(s)||St Ives|
Starting from these classic and vintage designs Chandler Limited has further developed some of the basic circuitry and remodeled and adapted them to present you with some of the finest and most versatile products available on the market today. Like the Vintage equipment used to record the Beatles, Pink Floyd, and many other ground breaking bands, all Chandler equipment is strictly hand wired. In recent years Chandler products have been featured prominently in albums, movies, and even video games.
• Studio microphones
• Abbey Road Studios certified signal processors
• Guitar amps and pedals