Roswell Pro Audio Mini K87 Matched Pair to 0.5dB in sensitivity (measured at 1kHz), and about 1.5dB in frequency response, 50Hz–15kHz. Acoustic testing is done at Roswell HQ in northern California. The matching procedure uses a calibrated, proprietary low-diffraction speaker to produce a swept sine wave, which we record with each Mini K87 to measure both sensitivity and frequency response. Each microphone is also auditioned by Roswell staff as a part of our rigorous QC process.
Each microphone includes our exclusive Cutaway™ metal-frame shockmount (with spare elastics). Matched pairs ship in a single stereo-pair aluminum flightcase, which holds two microphones and two shockmounts.
Roswell Pro Audio Mini K87 Matched Pair are high-resolution condenser microphones with a neutral voicing. they aspire to transparency rather than color. Yet it retains enough character to capture and communicate the emotion of the source.
The mics' sound comes from a combination of a specially tuned K67/K87-style capsule and a circuit that we've designed to enhance and complement it. The final voicing of the microphone is a manual process that enables us to create a very consistent sound.
The Mini K87 excels on vocals (sung and spoken, including voiceover and podcasting), guitars, acoustic strings, and drum overheads.
We find that neutral microphones tend to be compatible with a wide range of sources, both instruments and vocals. Because the microphone is not trying to impose too much of its own sound on the source, the Mini K87 sounds good on many of them.
The Mini K87 goes through an extensive burn-in, QC, and audio testing process prior to shipping. This ensures that every microphone delivers superior performance out of the box.
The Mini K87 ships with our exclusive Cutaway shockmount, Roswell branded microfleece mic sock, and an aluminum flight case.
Recording drum overheads or other stereo applications? Click for matched stereo pairs of the Mini K87.
• Large-diaphragm, 34mm K67/K87 style capsule
• Ultra-thin gold plated diaphragm
• Pristine transformerless circuit designed for transparency, low noise, low distortion
• Audiophile-grade components throughout the signal path
• Heavy, solid steel body
• Cutaway™ elastic shockmount
• Natural, uncolored (essentially flat) frequency response
• Takes EQ extremely well
• Solid, high-quality construction
• High sensitivity
• Low self-noise and very low distortion
• Modern performance with vintage tone
• Model: Mini K87
• Acoustic Principle: Pressure gradient transducer
• Polar Pattern: Cardioid
• Capsule: Large diaphragm, 34mm O.D. True Condenser, K67/K87 style
• Diaphragm: Imported Mylar, center terminated
• Frequency Range: 20 - 16,000 Hz
• Sensitivity: 14 mV/Pa
• Impedance: 112 Ohms
• Signal-to-noise: 82 dBA
• Equivalent noise: 12 dBA
• Supply voltage: 48±4 VDC
• Output: Electronically balanced (transformerless)
• Physical dimensions: 150 × 44mm; 325g (mic only)
- Condenser Microphone
- Solid State