Smart Research C1t is the modified version of the venerable C1 you can find in most modern UK and West Coast recording studios. The C1t is upgraded with the following new features:
C1 Sidechain Modifications
These mods add a three position sidechain high pass filter switch to each channel, and a stereo, unbalanced external sidechain input connector on the rear panel. Using the switches to roll off low frequency signals feeding the sidechain can reduce compression slightly at low frequencies, but without effecting frequency response of the audio signal path. The external inputs can be used for various effects such as 'ducking' from a vocal or the overlap of 'a bass and a kick ... etc.
High Pass Filter switches
The upper toggle switch is for the left channel, and the lower switch for the right. The center position is off (no filter): up is 75Hz, or down is 150Hz high pass. The filters either work on the normal (internal) sidechain signal, or on an external signal if fed into the external jack input.
Added to rear panel. The stereo input connector is normalled to break the internal sidechain source when a jack is inserted.
Availability : 4 weeks
Warning: Last items in stock!
• HPF corner frequencies: -3dB point 150Hz (switch down) or 75Hz (switch up). Slope: -6dB/Octave.
• External input connector: Stereo 1/4 inch jack, unbalanced, Tip=Left Channel, and Ring=Right.
Input impedance: 25k Ohms to ground.
• Power: 100v-240v AC selectable, 30 watts
• Noise floor: Below -92 dBm (flat 20Hz-20Khz)
• Distortion: Below 0.025% (1K/+4 THD 20Hz-20Khz)
• Frq. Response: Within 1/2dB from 20Hz to 20Khz
• Depth in rack: 240mm
• Main input: Balanced, impedance 10K per leg
• Output: Unbalanced (p2 hot default) Above +21dBm
• Threshold: Adjustable -15 to +15dBm
• Make-up gain: Adjustable 0 to +15dBm
|Application||Tracking & Mixing|