Roswell Audio Pro Delphos is a premium studio condenser microphone, featuring unhyped and natural frequency response, very high sensitivity, and very low self-noise.
The microphone uses a highly optimized transformer-less circuit, which provides a pristine signal path. The microphone's circuit boards are manufactured and populated in the US, using the finest components sourced from around the world, including low-noise NOS transistors and imported European capacitors.
Two switches located on the front of the microphone provide pattern control (Omni / True Cardioid) and pad (-10dB).
Each Delphos is built in California, hand-tuned, "burned in," and extensively tested after manufacturing to ensure the best possible performance.
The microphone is painted with a 3-stage enamel finish. The color is dark blue metallic. The ROSWELL logo nameplate is embossed brass.
We have created a new Cutaway™ Shockmount for the Delphos. Named for its flush-mount face, it allows the microphone to be easily positioned close to a singer or instrument without mount hardware standing in the way. This allows you to take advantage of the microphone's natural proximity effect.
The Delphos includes the Cutaway Shockmount, a Roswell branded microfleece mic sock, and a compact flight case.
In stock. This item is in stock & ready to ship.
Warning: Last items in stock!
Features & Benefits
• Large-diaphragm condenser capsule captures detail and articulation
• Ultra-pristine transformerless circuit reduces noise and distortion
• True Cardioid mode increases signal to noise ratio
• Omni pattern reduces proximity effect naturally
• NOS parts capture vintage FET sound
• Three-stage custom metallic enamel finish provides durable good looks
• Extensive QA/QC procedure ensures that every Delphos sounds fantastic
The transistors in the Delphos are all NOS parts, no longer made but ideal for this circuit. The JFET is selected for low input capacitance, then manually biased in our shop to maximize signal level without distortion.
Every resistor in both the audio and DC power circuits is a low-noise, high-precision metal film type. Special care was taken to select signal-path capacitors for the best sound.
• Model: Delphos
• Acoustic Principle: Pressure gradient transducer
• Capsule: Select 34mm large-diaphragm design
• Diaphragm: Gold-plated, ultra thin Mylar
• Frequency Range: 20 - 16,000 Hz
• Sensitivity: 40 mV/Pa
• Impedance: 200 Ohms
• Signal-to-noise: >82 dBA
• Equivalent noise: <12dBA
• Supply voltage: 48±4 VDC
• Output: Electronically balanced (transformerless)
• Physical dimensions: 184 × 50mm
• Weight: 290g (mic only)