Read moreShow less
Flexible signal routing
The MP5.0 is more than a mic pre. It gives you a surprising number of signal routing alternatives. Just use your imagination when plugging up the MP5.0.
Since the MP5.0 works with balanced or unbalanced gear, you will not be stuck looking for the proper cable or worrying about level compatibility between dissimilar gear.
What is Mix Node ?
The mix section of the MicPre 5.0 provides a separate left/right mix out with level, pan and mute. With only a simple interface cable, this mix section, or "Mix Node" can be linked with any number of MP5.0's to form a fully integrated mix section. In many situations such as desktop or location recording, this expandable feature of the MP5.0 can eliminate the need for a separate audio mixer.
The back of the MP5.0 includes XLR's for the Microphone Input and Preamp Output. The XLR pre out can be “transformer-balanced” or “active-balanced” depending on the switch setting on the front panel. When going for the absolute minimal signal path, the “Output Signal Path” (O.S.P.) switch will bypass all non-essential circuitry to the XLR pre out. See Signal flow Diagram
Balanced TRS jacks for the Insert Send and Insert Return can be used to connect an equalizer or compressor. The insert send can also be used as a Pre Out-B for zero-latency monitoring, and the insert return can be used as a Line Input to monitor the output of a DAW or multitrack. The MP5.0 even comes equipped with an Aux DC Out to power the Speck Model ASC equalizer.
The balanced TRS Left and Right Mix Outputs can be used anywhere a stereo signal is needed. A RJ45 Mix Link connector allows the mix section of the MP5.0 to be combined with any number of MP5.0's to form a fully integrated mix section.
• Matched discrete transistor input and transformer output.
• 70 dB of preamp gain.
• Precision stepped gain control with variable trim control.
• Variable high pass filter.
• Mix section can be "linked" with additional MP5.0's.
• Transformer "and" active balanced outputs.
• High resolution 10 segment LED VU meter.
• All input, output, and insert connectors are balanced.
• Can be combined with the Model ASC EQ to form a Channel Strip
• Gain Range (Mic) : 70 dB total
+10 to +60dB in 5dB steps
-10/+10 variable trim
• Gain Range (D.I.) : -20 to +40 dB in 5 dB steps
• THD+N (Gain +40, Output +12dBu) : 002% nominal
• Noise EIN (22Hz-22kHz) : -126 dBu (150 ohm, 60dB gain)
• Freqency Response : 10Hz-200kHz (+0/-3dB)
• Mic input impedence(10Kz) : 4.6k ohms
• D.I. input impedence : 50k ohms
• Maximum input level : +18dBu (without pad) : +30dBu (with 20dB pad in)
• Max. output level (10k load) : +28dBu at active outputs
+24dBu at transformer output
• HP Filter : 30Hz-250Hz (12dB/octave)
• Phantom Power : +48V regulated
• Dimensions : HxWxD=1.75" x 8.5" x 8.00" (44mm x 216mm x 203mm)
• Shipping Weight : 6Lbs (2.7kg)
• Power Requirements : 100-120 VAC 50-60Hz - 220-240 VAC 50-60Hz