GC Audio Inherit Rack RE 98 Cartridge
GC Audio Inherit Rack + RE 98 Cartridge a reissue of famous British mixing console preamplifier from the 90s, the Amek 9098. Many improvements have been made to achieve better results:
- Ultra low noise SSM2212 paired transistors
- Ultra low noise Operational amplifier: OPA1612
- Great care taken to the PCB Routing
- Lundhal 1585 balancing
Recommended for very quiet and clean recording with a subtle coloration on the top end.
GC Audio Inherit Rack is an innovative modular microphone and instrument preamplifier that allows, thanks to different Hot-swappable Solid State or tube cartridges, to benefit from several types of preamplifiers, offering different tones and sound characters, in a single 2U 19" rack allowing to compare a wide range of sounds instantly.
Currently, 7 cartridges are available (more coming soon). They all offer a class A circuit:
- RE 15 : Reissue of the Amek RN15 preamp, unbalanced and balanced by a very low noise Op-Amp
- RE 73 : Reissue of the Neve 1073 preamp, unbalanced and balanced by an original Carnhill VTB9045 shielded transformer
- RE 98 : Reissue of the Amek 9098 preamp, very low noise discrete components, balanced by Lundahl 1585 transformer
- RE VR : Improved reissue of the NEVE VR console preamp, de-balanced with a rebuilt Original TF10015 transformer, preamplified and balanced with a very low noise Op-Amp
- RE 4K : Reissue of the SSL 4K E Series preamp, unbalanced by an original Jensen 115 transformer, preamp balanced by very low noise Op-Amp
- Tube Heat: true high voltage tube preamp, unbalanced by transformer, no discrete components in the signal path
- Graham Langley: Designed in collaboration with Graham Langley to create a preamp offering the most focused and accomplished preamp with its own unique signature, using the unique capabilities of the Inherit system
The proprietary Inherit format keeps the sensitive part of the electronic design in a one-piece machined cartridge that acts as a Faraday cage to offer optimal electromagnetic shielding performance.