Traverse Analogue 652 stereo vacuum tube preamplifier with mic/line-level inputs
Using the GAIN control, the engineer can achieve 5 - 60 dB of gain from the uniquely-biased tube input stage, followed by a MASTER attenuation control in the output buffer stage. Want a clean yet musical replication of the source? How about the creamy saturation of an esoteric vintage preamplifier?
The 652's gentle drive characteristics allows for a broad tonal palette depending on how hard you hit it with signal. It is designed to interface with all types of microphones (including ribbons), and the line-level input pad allows you to add analogue warmth to any track from a digital audio workstation; making it an indispensable tool for adding colouration and harmonic distortion!
Two flavours, one box, all discrete, and proudly hand-crafted in Canada.
Availability : 12 days
Warning: Last items in stock!
• 12AX7 input stage with 12-position gain switch, 5 – 60 dB (5 dB steps)
• IHigh-voltage transistor buffer output stage (4x FJP5200)
• IDiscrete Class-A operation, low-noise topology
• IHermetically-sealed relay switching, with gold-plated contacts
• IVariable input impedance for mic: 300 ohms, 1200 ohms
• ISource selection switch: Mic and Line-Level
• IPhase inversion switch
• ISelectable high-pass filter of 10Hz, 80Hz, and 200Hz (first order)
• IRegulated low-noise power supply, with +48V DC phantom power
• IHigh-quality Beldfoil® shielded cabling throughout
• ICustom Lundahl input and output transformers
• I2 Year Limited Warranty
Typical Test Parameters: 2mV RMS sine, 1 kHZ, 1200R input impedance, 100K output load impedance
• Input Impedance 300 Ω, 1200 Ω (Mic) - 15 KΩ (Line)
• Maximum Input Level +4dBV (XLR, 1200R setting) -2dBV (XLR, 300R setting)
• Maximum Output Level +15 dBV
• XLR Output Impedance < 65 Ω
• Recommended Minimum Load 300 Ω
• Frequency Response 18Hz to > 50kHz (-3 dB)
• High Pass Filter Characteristics -3dB @ 80Hz or 200Hz, 20 dB/decade (first-order)
• Maximum Gain 60dB (1200R XLR input - XLR output, unweighted)
• EIN Noise -128dBV (20Hz ~ 20kHz); -130dBV (A-wtg)
• Residual Output Noise (Master at Zero) -121dBV (1uV) 20Hz ~ 20kHz
• Noise Factor 5dB re 150R source impedance (20Hz ~ 20kHz)
• THD+N 0dBV to 15dBV, 0.03% to 2%
• Tube Per Channel 1x 12AX7
• Phantom Power +48V DC
• Power Sequencing Soft-start for tube filament supply;
Soft-start for tube high voltage supply;
30s turn-on delay for output relays;
Output relays mute immediately at power-down
• Power Requirements 110-120V / 220-240V, 50/60Hz, 30VA max.
• Power Consumption 24 Watts
• Dimensions 19” W x 3.5” H x 12.25” D - 483mm W x 90mm H x 311mm D
• Weight 6 kg
|Application||Tracking, Mixing, Live|
Traverse Analogue mission is to produce the finest sounding designs for the professional audio industry; engineered to interface with modern recording systems, and meticulously handcrafted into their line of outboard instrumentation.
Traverse Analogue began in 2018 with 10 years of research and development behind it. Our discrete topologies include vacuum tubes, FETs, and BJTs in the audio path, combined with state-of-the-art power supplies and various types of discrete and integrated control circuitry.
Traverse Analogue back their design confidence with unsurpassed customer service, a very reactive technical support, and a 2 Year Limited Warranty on all of our products.