Read moreShow less
The INPUT pad section contains a phase reverse switch, and a 6 position pad network. The first four positions are various 150/250 ohm mic pads; -6db, -12db, and -19db. The last two, L1 and L2, allow line-level signals providing tone-shaping capabilities while mixing from your DAW, tape machine, other line level devices – including other preamps.
The NF control varies the amount of negative feedback present in the circuit. Counter-clockwise brightens and moves the sound forward while raising harmonics and sensitivity. Turning it clockwise increases negative feedback, producing a darker tone with a smooth, dampened harmonic structure.
The HI switch transitions from the natural openness of the tubes, to a gentle filtering of upper frequencies.
The LOW switch reacts with the NF, boosting or cutting low frequency while moving the low end from front to back in the sound stage.
The Output control knob is placed between the 1st and 2nd stage EF86 tubes and sets the final output level.
• Two-stage 6J7/6c5 vacuum tube circuit.
• Negative feedback tone adjustment with high/low filters.
• 42db-54db of available gain.
• Flexible input pad section for mic or line level operation.
• 150 ohm mic, 20k line input, 600 ohm output.
• Interchangeable/optionalhot swappable input CT-110HN (by default) or the CT-110 (optional) and CT-41 output transformers.
• NOS tubes, signal caps & resistors, PEC 2w carbon pots.
• Up to six CA series amplifiers mount into our PS6 rack.
• Hand built and tested in the USA.