A 41 detent Gain pot provides up to 70dB of grunt (60dB using the Instrument input). Toggle switches select the 48V Phantom Power on/off, High or Low Mic and Instrument input impedance (IN Z), the 20dB Pad, Phase Reverse and Output Mute. The 1/4" jack Instrument input is automatically selected when a jack is inserted. A four led peak meter gives good indication of output level, but due to the massive +34dBu output headroom, it is unlikely the Elixir will clip before the next unit in the chain does!
The Elixir preamp module will physically fit into all 500 Series racks, but it should be noted the current draw is 150mA, which is double that of most other 500 Series modules. This should not be an issue with most modern racks, but with older 500 Series racks it may mean only one or two Elixirs should be fitted along with other modules. If in doubt please feel free to contact us, we are happy to help.
• Min Gain Mic +22dB (-2dB with pad in)
• Max Gain Mic +70dB
• Min Gain Instrument M +12dB (-3dB with pad in)
• Max Gain Instrument +60dB
• Maximum Output Level +34dBu into 3k ohm load.
• Frequency Response Mic 10Hz to 300kHz @ 20dB gain (-3dB).
• Frequency Response Instrument 10Hz to 120kHz @ 20dB gain (-3dB).
• Slew Rate 30V/uS @ +20dBu output level
• Harmonic Distortion measured at -20dBu input level, gain adjusted for +10dBu output level
Mic 0.15% @ 100Hz, 0.01% @ 1kHz, 0.005% @ 10kHz
Instrument 0.15% @ 100Hz, 0.015% @ 1kHz, 0.015% @10kHz
• EIN Mic -132.5dB A wtg, 150ohm source Z.
• Signal to Noise Ratio Mic -73dB A wtg, input shorted.
• Signal to Noise Ratio Instrument -76dB A wtg, input shorted.
• CMNR Mic -78dB @ 100Hz, -100dB @ 1kHz, -100dB @ 10kHz.
• Input Impedance Mic 4k ohms/1k2 ohms switchable.
• Input Impedance Instrument 1MEG ohms/20k ohms switchable.
• Size: Fits 1 space in API 500 series rack format
• Power requirements 150mA +/- 15-18 volts DC, as supplied by frame power supply.
Specifications are typical of a production unit and are subject to change without notice. 0dBu reference = 0.775 volts RMS