The Barefoot Sound MasterStack12 is a 4.5-way active modular tower system with 10 drive units housed in sealed enclosures spanning 18Hz to 40kHz with vanishingly low distortion, breathtaking dynamic range and ultra-fast transient response. Every driver has an under-hung voice coil moving inside an advanced geometry motor that enables it make extremely long linear excursions. The ring radiator tweeter is incredibly detailed and produces very wide dispersion out to its highest frequencies. The aluminum cone subwoofers, woofers and midranges radiate as perfect pistons to at least 2.5 octaves beyond their respective bandwidths.
0 Item Items
Availability : 10 weeks
Warning: Last items in stock!
The MasterStack12 also features Barefoot’s revolutionary MEME™(Multi Emphasis Monitor Emulation™) technology giving you 4 monitors in one! Despite the advantages of high resolution monitors, Thomas Barefoot realizes that many engineers still use their NS10M’s † and mix cubes as secondary references. These speakers have long traditions and people find them familiar and useful for focusing in on certain aspects of their mix. However, crowding one’s console with those extra boxes degrades the sound field of the primary reference monitors. Not to mention, they are no longer manufactured, they need amplifiers, cable runs, and they consume more studio space. So why not make the Barefoot sound and translate like those speakers as well? With the turn of a knob one can switch from the MasterStack12’s incredibly revealing “Flat” response to the warmer and sweeter “Hi-Fi” setting, generically emulating the sound of some high-end audiophile gear. The “Old School” setting specifically emulates the sound of the NS10M nearfield, while the “Cube” setting emulates the mid-centric sound of classic mix cubes The idea is not to perfectly replicate every subtle quirk of these venerable old speakers. That would be impossible. However, MEME does capture the essence of how they behave and translate, modeling their frequency, phase and transient responses, dynamic compression and even some of their distortion components. If you are familiar with these classic monitors, you will feel very comfortable working on the MEME settings as well.
• Description: 4.5-way active modular tower monitor with MEME™ Technology
• Controls: Analog/AES3 input select, AES3 L/R channels select, Input level stepped attenuator, Subwoofer level, Emulation voice select
• Input Impedance: 25k Ohm
• Frequency Response: 18Hz – 50kHz (±3dB) / 26Hz – 40kHz (±1dB)
• Bass Response: -3 dB @ 18Hz, Q = 0.707 - Slope = 12 dB/octave
• Cabinet: 180 liters total internal volume, Sealed sub enclosures, Sealed woofer enclosures, Sealed woofer enclosure, Machined aluminum baffle plate, Aluminum subwoofer frames function as lateral cabinet bracing, Long fiber wool acoustic damping throughout.
• Crossover Frequencies: 80 / 200 / 800 / 4000 Hz
• Tweeter: 1″ ring radiator, Advanced geometry motor, Rear waveguide chamber - Amplifier: 250W Hypex
• Midranges: 2 x 2.5″ aluminum cones, Advanced geometry motor, +/- 2 mm linear excursion - Amplifier: 250W Hypex
• Woofers: 3 x 7″ aluminum cones, Advanced geometry motor, +/- 13 mm linear excursion - Amplifier: 500W Hypex
• Subwoofers: 4 x 12″ aluminum cones, Advanced geometry motor, +/- 25 mm linear excursion - Amplifier: 2400W Hypex
• AC Power Input: Nominal 115 VAC or 230 VAC selectable
• Power Consumption: Idle: 100W, Maximum: 1800W
• Weight: Weight: 280 lbs per tower (127 kg) – no handles
• Shipping: 325 lbs per tower (147 kg) – no handles
• Dimensions HxWxD: Cabinet: 63.0 x 14.4 x 21.9 inches (1600 x 366 x 556 mm)
• Footprint WxD: 23.0 x 21.5 (584 x 546 mm)
|Application||Tracking, Mixing & Mastering|
|Active / Passive||Active|