Weight Tank WT-72 PREAMP - ADD HISTORIC GERMAN TUBE PREAMP GAIN TO YOUR ARSENAL
The WT-72 brings you the character that the original V72 console modules are known for!
Inspired by the V72 modules originally built for the German Radio Network, the WT-72 offers 56 dB of gain, which can be driven by a microphone or line level source. The vintage modules only offered 34 dB of gain, so an additional 22 dB of gain is made in the WT-72 with small adjustments to the circuit while maintaining the most sought after tone and character we have all come to love.
The performance of a high-quality mu-metal shielded input and heavy duty output transformer as well as the output plate choke helps provide the character of its vintage inspiration!
TRANSFORMERS: Transformer balanced input and output give the WT-72 the character of the original
TUBE CIRCUITRY: Audio passes through two EF86 tubes giving 56 dB of gain
OUTPUT HEADROOM: A plate choke feeding the output EF86 provides large output swings at low distortion.
LINE INPUT: When "Line" is selected from the XLR IN switch, a 36 dB pad is placed before the input TX.
P O W E R E D B Y L O C O M O T I V E A U D I O
Availability : 8 days
Warning: Last items in stock!
Availability date: 2019-01-15
• Mic / Line (XLR) and High Impedance DI Input
• DI defeats XLR input when plugged in
• Two EF86 equivalent tubes
• 56 dB of gain
• 11 Position Gain Rotary Switch
• Polarity reverse switch
• 36 dB pad switch (Line Select)
• 48 volt phantom power switch
• XLR input and output connections
• American input and output transformers and plate choke
• Amber LED indicators for phantom power on and signal present on output (-12 dBu minimum for illumination)
• Hand-built in USA
• 115v/230v AC mains option on rear
• Internal power supply
• 2-year warranty parts and labor
• Microphone Mode input load impedance: 1400 Ω
• Line Mode input load impedance: 9550 Ω
• Output impedance: 300Ω
• 1/4" DI impedance: 500kΩ
• 56 dB of gain
• Frequency response: 20Hz-20kHz
• Maximum output level: +26dBu
• THD+N: <1%
• S/N ratio: >70dB
• Dimensions: 19"w x 3.5"h x 10"d (2u rackspace)
• Shipping Weight: 15 lbs.
• Power Consumption (120/240VAC): 25 watts
|Type||Rack Mic Pre|
|Application||Tracking & Mixing|