Roswell Audio's RA-VO microphone was designed specifically for voiceover.
Roswell Audio worked with Jordan Reynolds, a professional voiceover talent and audio producer, to develop this microphone. We tested multiple capsule types, circuits, and tunings, over multiple iterations, until we found a microphone that made Jordan put his former go-to VO mic ($1049 MSRP) back in its box for good.
Jordan writes, "There is just nothing harsh or shrill about this mic. It is, hands down, the most flat and natural sounding mic I've ever heard on my voice... I am super in love with this mic. Infatuated!"
The RA-VO relies on a circuit design we've been refining for over 10 years. It is optimized for transparency, low noise, and audiophile-quality sound. We have employed a hardwired high-pass filter to control proximity effect.
The microphone's native frequency response is essentially flat, with just a hint of presence boost in the upper octaves. This non-hyped response allows the mic to take EQ well, should some of your voices need such treatment.
The RA-VO ships with a Rycote InVision shockmount and an airtight, waterproof, US-made (SKB) road case.
• Frequency response tailored for voice capture
• Internal Cardioid/Omni pattern switch
• High sensitivity, low noise
• Distinctive styling with textured powdercoat finish
• Unhyped response eliminates need for de-esser
• Low-noise circuit greatly reduces hiss and white noise in recorded tracks
• Circuit tuning reduces rumble, mechanical vibration noise, and bass boost from proximity effect
• Model: RA-VO
• Acoustic Principle: Pressure gradient transducer
• Capsule: 34mm O.D. True Condenser, dual backplate
• Diaphragm: 3 micron imported Mylar, center terminated
• Frequency Range: 50 - 15,000 Hz
• Sensitivity: 40 mV/Pa
• Impedance: 112 Ohms
• Signal-to-noise: 84 dBA
• Equivalent noise: <10dBA
• Supply voltage: 48±4 VDC
• Output: Electronically balanced (transformerless)
• Dimensions: 170 × 51mm
- Condenser Microphone
- Solid State