R-121 25th Anniversary Limited-Edition Distressed Rose Matched Pair
Yes, the R-121 is 25 years old this year! The R-121 25th Anniversary model celebrates the R-121’s legacy with a unique, limited edition “Distressed Rose” finish that gives a variety of looks, from a dark bourbon color in lower studio lighting and onstage to a rich rose color in brighter light. We would not, could not modify the classic R-121’s design and function, but this stunning finish is our way of letting everyone in on the 25th Anniversary party! There will be 500 R-121 Distressed Roses made, no more.
Released in 1998, the R-121 was the first radically different modern ribbon microphone, singlehandedly creating the great ribbon microphone resurgence that is still growing and going strong today. The R-121 is a staple on electric guitars around the world and is also one of the finest brass mics available, along with drum rooms, kick drums, piano, snare drum, acoustic guitar, violin, all percussion, harp, cello… the list goes on and on. When you want to record an instrument as naturally as possible, you reach for an R-121.
Whether you plan to use it every day or keep it safe as a collectible, the R-121 Distressed Rose will be one of the coolest looking, best sounding mics you’ll ever own.
Like many of the best classic ribbon mics, the R-121 has a figure-8 pattern, output level comparable to a dynamic mic, and a warm, realistic tone and flat frequency response. But that's where the similarities end. By using advanced materials and a blend of cutting edge and old-school, hand-build construction techniques, the R-121 is an extremely versatile and user-friendly ribbon mic that can stand up to the most demanding tasks. Cranked up electric guitars, close up brass, drums - you name it, the R-121 will help you record it with realism you have to hear to believe.
Royer Labs build the R-121 solid enough to give it a lifetime warranty. We expect you to own it for as long as you record, and we'll stand behind it the whole way.
• High SPL Capabilities
• No internal active electronics to overload or produce distortion up to maximum SPL rating
• Extremely low residual noise
• Ribbon element is not affected by heat or humidity
• Absence of high frequency phase distortion
• Equal sensitivity from front or back of element
• Consistent frequency response regardless of distance
The R-121 is also available in Matched Pair.
• Acoustic Operating Principle: Electrodynamic pressure gradient
• Polar Pattern: Figure-8
• Generating Element: 2.5-micron aluminum ribbon
• Magnets: Rare Earth Neodymium
• Frequency Response: 30 - 15,000 Hz +/- 3dB
• Sensitivity: -50 dBv Re. 1v/pa
• Output Impedance: 300 Ohms @ 1K (nominal)
• Rated Load Impedance: >1500 Ohms @ 300 Ohms
• Maximum SPL: >135dB @ 20 Hz
• Output Connector: Male XLR 3 pin (Pin 2 Hot)
• Dimensions: 156 mm L, 25mm W (6.13" L, 1" W)
• Weight: 244g (8.6 oz)
• Finish: Dull Satin Nickel/Matte Black Chrome optional
• Electric Guitar Amps
• Brass Instruments
• Horn Sections
• Drum Rooms
• Kick Drum
• Percussion Instruments
• Acoustic Piano
• Acoustic Guitar
• String Instruments & Sections
• Choirs & Orchestras
• Commercial Broadcast
- Ribbon Microphone
- Active / Passive