The Brute is Inward Connections’ most popular offering to date. It borrows the ultra-smooth opto-cell circuit of the flagship Vac Rac TSL-4 and pairs it with the VF600 discrete amp block, making the Brute a tremendous value. It smoothly controls transients while adding vibe and character with an airy quality. For 500 Series users it has become a near instant classic the world over.
Availability : In stock
Warning: Last items in stock!
For non-500 Series users, that revered sound is now available in a stereo-linkable, 1RU rackmount version, the Brute II. The Brute II’s new, rugged steel chassis leaves plenty of room for features not previously offered in its 500 Series predecessor. The most notable new features are built-in Wet/Dry Mix control, internal linking and four Ratio settings to choose from. These new features open new doors for tracking and mixing possibilities. The Brute II is the optical limiter for every engineer.
• TSL opto-cell reduction circuitry
• Transformer-balanced I/O
• VF600 discrete amp blocks
• Analog VU meter – switchable between GR and Output
• Mix control – mix dry and processed signal together
• Gain Reduction control
• Output control
• Four Ratio modes: Classic, Scary, Crazy, Psycho
• Link switch for stereo operation
• Bypass switch – relay controlled true bypass
• High-Pass Filter switch – 250Hz filter in the limiter detector circuit
• Heavy-duty steel 1RU enclosure
• Gain Reductions: up to 40dB
• Input Impedance: >100K ohms balanced
• Output Impedance: 600 ohms balanced
• Frequency Response: +/- 0.5dB @ 20Hz to 50KHz
• Output Signal to Noise Ratio: -95dB or greater
• THD + Noise: 0.01% @ 1KHz/+4dBu
• Reserve Makeup Gain: +15dB
|Application||Tracking & Mixing|