The heart of the XLA-3 is a unique triple optoelectronic circuit that combines the best characteristics of 3 separate compression curves into a single unit. The result: a high-speed optical limiter with tones that range from 'clean' to 'harmonically rich' to 'dirty'.
The Opticom uses high-speed cadmium-selenide (CdSe) photocells, all-tube circuitry, and military style point-to-point wiring. From the 16 gauge, cold-rolled steel chassis to the high quality components, the XLA-3 is built to provide years of reliable, solid performance that will meet, if not exceed, the exacting demands of the audio professional. Just a few of the standard features: custom-ordered Bakelite analog control knobs, full-sized backlit panel meters, Neutrik/Cliff connectors, heat resistant Micalex tube sockets.
• All tube circuitry
• High-speed cadmium-selenide (CdSe) photocells
• Custom Bakelite analog control knobs
• Full-sized backlit panel meters
• 15db switchable input pad
• Hand-wired 2 stage bypass switch
• Triple optoelectronic circuit
• Cinemag input transformer
• IEC power connector
• 115/230V AC Mains
• Neutrik XLR input and output connectors
• Stereo link connector
• Micalex tube sockets