Henry Engineering The D2A AES Digital Converter is a 24-bit high resolution digital-to-analog audio interface. It converts an AES-3 digital audio stream at up to 192 kHz to professional stereo analog outputs. The unit also includes a Headphone amplifier for critical monitoring with headphones.
Henry Engineering D2A Digital Converter is designed for professional applications, e.g., broadcast stations, recording studios, performance venues. The AES digital input is transformer isolated to prevent ground loops, hum, and noise. The D2A auto-locks to standard sample rates from 32 to 192 kHz and features exceptionally low-jitter clock recovery. It utilizes a fourth-order multibit deltasigma modulator with ultra-linear L/C low-pass output filtering. This edgeof-the-art circuitry yields audiophile-grade performance with direct-coupled balanced outputs for professional connectivity. The XLR outputs are calibrated so that -20 dBfs produces an analog output level of +4 dBu with over 22db of headroom. Front panel trimmers are provided for accurate calibration of output levels. A Lock LED confirms a valid AES input signal.
The D2A Digital Converter also features a high performance Headphone Amplifier with volume control and ¼” stereo headphone jack. The Headphone
output is buffered from the main Line outputs, and utilizes circuitry identical to the Line outputs to ensure accurate monitoring.
The D2A Digital Converter is powered with an internal power supply. This linear bi-polar supply uses a toroid transformer and is triple-regulated to ensure an ultra-low noise floor. The 40-volt rails enable operation at true professional levels with liberal headroom and freedom from clipping distortion. The unit’s sonic performance is exceptional: musical and transparent, with dynamic range approaching theoretical limits.
3 Optional mounting solutions are available
• Rack mount shelf
• Desk mount
• Wall/Cabinet mounting brackets
• AES3 Input 110 ohms, XLR transformer bal.
• Line Outputs Left, Right, XLR active balanced
• Output Load >600 ohms per channel
• Reference Level +4 dBu = -20 dBfs (“0-VU”)
• Output Range -20 dBfs = -10 dBu to +10 dBu
• Max. Output +27 dBu into 600 ohm load
• Sample Rate 32 kHz – 192 kHz
• Bit Depth Up to 24 bits
• THD+Noise -90 dB ref. 0 dBfs typ.
• Headphone Output >25 ohms, stereo, ¼” TRS
• Power Input 115 or 230 VAC, 50-60 Hz, 3W
• Physical Size 5.7”w x 1.7”h x 6.0”d, 3 lbs
• Construction Steel enclosure
• Approvals City of Los Angeles ETL/CE/ROHS
- D/A Converter
- Tracking, Mixing & Mastering
- Solid State
- 1/3 Rack
- 1 U
- Direct I/O
- Digital I/O