The new API 500-8B is an 8-slot lunchbox & includes all of the features that have made the 6-slot lunchbox (500-6B) so well regarded in the industry, including DB-25 (D-Sub) connectors for easy I/O, universal power supply (100 or 250V, 47 to 63Hz), phantom power, and easy rack-mounting with optional rack-ear kit. Built for robust performance, with new toggle switches for channel linking.
The lunchbox gives an engineer the flexibility to bring along specialized EQ effects to any situation.
Other uses for the versatile lunchbox include
• Multi-track recording of acoustic and electronic audio sources
• Sound reinforcement systems and recording to multi-track formats
• Multiple facility projects where portability is a plus
• Broadcast and audio for video production
• Custom channel input strips